Join the MPG Team
Maritime Program Group is always interested in hearing from qualified individuals for all positions. Currently, we are filling the following positions:
Commercial Marine Underwriter
We continue to grow! Come work for a Top 100 Workplace!
Maritime Program Group (MPG) a specialty insurance program company, with 20+ years of in-house underwriting experience. our core business segments include Recreational Marine, Inland Marine, Ocean Marine, and Private Client Services. The MPG model
provides brokers with comprehensive packaged solutions, top quality coverage, and unsurpassed service.
Maritime Program group is proud to be recognized as a FOUR time winner in the small company category by The Hartford Courant and FOXCT as a "TOP WORKPLACE OF CT" this designation is based on employee surveys and compared to other companies of size and industry
based on direction, career, execution, conditions, managers, pay and benefits.
We are currently searching for a Commercial Marine Underwriter. The Commercial Underwriter functions as the team leader for a book of business that they are expected to maintain and grow. In doing so, this position is expected to judiciously review and analyze insurance applications to determine if the insured fits program criteria, is an acceptable risk, determine that the account can be underwritten profitably, devise appropriate premium rates/premiums
to cover risks, and draft insurance proposals that adequately address the risks presented in the application. Representing the insurance company's interests, this position is expected to make sound risk selection decisions to increase profitability and avoid
excessive losses. In accordance with statutory requirements, this position is also responsible for ensuring the nonrenewal and/or declination of accounts that present an unacceptable level of risks or those that cannot be underwritten profitably.
This position is responsible for the critical review of the insured's operations and exercising detailed knowledge of commercial insurance coverage(s) in the underwriting of new and renewal business in compliance with underwriting guidelines and lines of authority. In addition to utilizing manual and automated ISO based systems to rate risks and determine premiums, this position is also responsible
for reviewing the insured's financial health through Experian reports, financial reports and loss control surveys to assess the overall risk. This position is responsible for declining unacceptable risks and drafting new business and renewal insurance proposals
to the account's broker, negotiating the renewal of the account, binding accounts and completing all supporting underwriting documentation for the account, as well as preparing detailed issuance instructions.
Overall, this position is responsible for managing, developing, and maintaining the broker relationships for their assigned team. As such, they are responsible for all production for the team, including those underwritten by the underwriting technicians. This position will be given a specific grant of authority provided by the MPG Program Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Initiate and maintain working broker relationships.
- Determine if there are any issues and/or anticipated changes that may impact the renewal of an account.
- Determine the allowable rate deviations by insurance company that the account's policies may be written under.
- Determine and adhere to underwriting/rate guidelines, lines of authority, legal mandates and the insurer's underwriting guidelines.
- Utilize critical thinking to analyze policy files, including insurance applications and the insured's risks to determine renewal pricing/rate strategy (based on an analysis of the account's loss rations, appropriateness for retention, current pricing and deductibles compared to current rate structures, profitability, underwriting constraints, analyzing loss control surveys and insured's commitment to compliance) as well as the
account's fit with underwriting guidelines and the agency's lines of authority.
- Document underwriting decision through use of a detailed Account Summary Worksheet encompassing the above, as well as detailed account information by policy as well as type
of risk and determining pricing strategy to enhance the account's potential for profitability.
- Rate the account utilizing the appropriate rating methodology.
- Complete of all rate supporting documentation required for subjective rating criteria, i.e., property IRPM, general liability and auto schedules debits/credits and experience rating.
- In accordance with underwriting guidelines, prepare renewal insurance proposal based on either new applications or the expiring policy, encompassing any endorsements that transpired
during the expiring term, and submit it to the account's broker.
- Respond to any broker questions or concerns that arise during the renewal or new business process.
- Refer accounts to the MPG Program Manager in accordance with underwriting guidelines and adequately address account concerns, underwriting issues, authority as well as profitability of the account.
- Prepare account referrals to the Carrier Program Manager following review by the MPG Program Manager when necessary.
- Receive and process binding confirmations or non-renewal of the account.
- Prepare and process account billing in a timely manner; within 48 hours of binding the account.
- Detail policy issuance instructions in accordance with the insurance proposal and underwriting intentions.
- Function as a resource to other team members.
- Oversee and review the team's book of business on an on-going basis.
- Advise the Managing partner of any trends, issues, or concerns relative to the underwriting process or the team's book of business.
- Communicate attendance requests (vacations, optional holidays, sick time) to the COO.
If interested, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Software Developer
Are you a talented Developer who would like to work for a Top Workplace in Connecticut? Would you like to be part of a growing dynamic team of professionals?
Maritime Program Group (MPG) a specialty insurance program company, with 20+ years of in-house underwriting experience. Our core business segments include Recreational Marine, Inland Marine, Ocean Marine, and Private Client Services. The MPG model provides
brokers with comprehensive packaged solutions, top quality coverage, and unsurpassed service.
Maritime Program Group is proud to be recognized as a 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 winner in the small company category by The Hartford Courant and FOXCT as a "TOP WORKPLACE OF CT". This designation is based on employee surveys and compared to other companies
of size and industry based on direction, career, execution, conditions, managers, pay and benefits.
We are seeking a Software Engineer with a background in building quality, scalable, high performance web applications that run on the Microsoft IIS platform. As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for creating new internal and external-facing web applications
as well as maintaining and extending existing applications. This person will join a newly created team of experienced software developers, analysts and business resources that will build enterprise systems to include the goals of increased stability and productivity
for employees, as well as adding to the efficiency of our operations.
We're looking for a talented developer who:
- Is passionate about creating quality systems with best practices in mind
- Has the ability to mentor junior programmers
- Adds to the overall knowledge of the team with code reviews
- Helps with the development of guideline and procedural standards
- Report on status of development and quality to management
- Work closely with the team members to architect and develop the best technical design
- Manage and execute against project plan and delivery commitments
- Collaborate with Project Managers, peers, and Business Analysts to accomplish a coordinated implementation effort
- Design, develop, program and implement systems to specifications, and develop/coordinate project plans
- Consider all aspects of technical design including maintainability, scalability, back-up and recovery, capacity planning, security, and privacy
- 5+ years of C# web application development using Visual Studio 2005-2010
- Good written and oral communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- A deep understanding of software development in a team environment
- .Net 2.0-4.0, ASP.Net development
- SQL databases; experience with MS SQL Server 2005-2008R2 is preferred
- Understanding of Object oriented and Service oriented design and principles
- Experience working with software design, software development life cycle, and development methodologies and implementation
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent work experience
- Infragistics, Aspose, and SQL Server Reporting Services are a plus
- Experience working with appropriate operating systems, hardware, source control and bug tracking software
**Applicants must provide salary requirements
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
We offer a Comprehensive Benefits plan that includes the following:
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision Care coverage
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance
- Voluntary Dependent Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Sonic Boom Wellness
- Fitness Membership Reimbursement
If interested, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com
Commercial Insurance Underwriter
Experience: Seeking an experienced person to join our growing shoreline Connecticut company to underwrite multi-line commercial insurance policies for marine insurance risks, including Package, Auto, Excess and Marine. National account exposure is preferable. This position carries a high level of authority. 5+ years experience required. We offer competitive salary, 401k and benefits in a pleasant work environment. Marine insurance background a definite plus.
If interested, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org